Saturday, November 10, 2012

Where Have I Been?

Where have I been?

If anyone knows me they know I was working at a terrible job and then found some peace. After finding peace I had free time to write to my heart’s content. I then landed a job making a lot more money. And then I lost the happy world I was living in.

More money was nice. Very nice. But slowly I started to realize what came with more money. More money came with a company laptop. Oh nice. And a Blackberry. Oh nice. And eventually it came with more hours. And more hours. And more hours. And working on weekends. And being glued to my Blackberry. More money less hours to write.

On a good day I get 300-400 emails. If I wake up and I have under 50 emails that was a good night. Now, I don’t have to read all these emails but I do have to at least glance at them.

More money came with less time to day dream. This is a big one for me. When I was working my happy job I would come up with new ideas almost every single day. I would text myself these new ideas and write them down for future stories. I didn’t have to concentrate at my old happy job. This job consumes my mind and I just don’t brainstorm and day dream as much. More money is hampering my creativity.

So feel sorry for me? No, never. On Friday I told my boss I can’t keep doing this. Specifically, I told him that I personally cannot keep working hours on weekends. At some point I need a stop point where my weekend becomes mine. And I have considered returning to my old happy job and I am working with a recruiter to help me find a new happy job.

The most important thing is that I have missed you.

And I hope to be back more consistantly. Which I hope means something.

Hearts.