Sunday, March 11, 2012

#amwriting This Weekend I Was Writing! - Make Time to Write

Now you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I can write like the wind blows. From that day on, If I was going somewhere, I was writing!

Stole that....from a little movie called Forrest Gump.

It was a good writing weekend. I set time aside and made time to write. This isn't always so easy. Things come up. Things happen. I learned a long time ago never tell anyone when you're free. It's not that you don't want to help anyone, it's that when people know you're free they ask you to do things that normally wouldn't. This has been my experience.

I would take a week off from work to study for the bar. I would mention this to some family and friends. When the week came where I was going to spend 24/7 studying, I would get phone calls to run dumb errands. Phone calls that wouldn't happen if noone knew I was off. Like the one time I had to drive my friend into Manhattan. It literally took almost six hours to complete a trip that should have taken an hour and a half. My fault for doing a favor on a Friday.

So I learned.

When you are going to take off time from work or school for yourself, TELL NO ONE.

Another thing I learned is to let someone know you are going to turn off your phone for a certain amount of time and then TURN IT OFF. You get so much done.

Then take the next step. Go somewhere with NO WIFI. Leave your cellie in the car and you're set. Productivity goes through the roof.

Tell no one you are off or taking time for yourself. You are busy.
Turn off your phone and leave it in your car.
Go somewhere with no wifi. Simply flicking off your wifi doesn't work. You know you can switch it back on.

You can also try one of those free programs. Or again, go somewhere with no wifi. I go to college libraries that I don't have the wifi password. It's been working for me!

I wrote over 10,000 words Sunday and 6,000 words on Saturday. I'm hoping to bring lots of jerking off material to the masses this week after editing and formatting.

It was a good weekend.

#AMWRITING